BLUE BEAR® BEAN•e•doo® Mastic Remover
Clean and restore concrete surfaces without hazardous chemicals! BLUE BEAR® BEAN•e•doo® Mastic Remover lets you tackle projects like a pro! Our fast-acting formula softens tough mastics (including black mastic with asbestos) and other tile/carpet adhesives - even if they are decades old. Free of harsh chemicals and fumes, it’s ideal for use indoors and in occupied areas. Clean-up is simple with a scraper or squeegee. The best mastic remover for concrete and a Franmar customer favorite!
- Soy-based mastic remover
- Low-odor, low VOC formula
- One gallon covers about 125 square feet on a horizontal surface
Watch this quick overview to see how BEAN•e•doo works!
- Apply sand barrier to protect neighboring wood and drywall from absorbing the product. Open windows to maintain ventilation of the work area, since adhesive being removed may emit gasses.
- Apply BEAN•e•doo on a small, inconspicuous test area before beginning full project. (Concrete surfaces may darken with use of the product.)
- Spread formula over the concrete surface using a long-handled brush or squeegee. Make sure any trowel ridges are fully covered with product.
- Allow BEAN•e•doo to work until the adhesive softens. Note: Black asbestos mastics will soften in approximately one to two hours, and vinyl-acrylic mastics will soften in approximately four to eight hours.
- Once soft, remove mastic with a long-handled scraper or floor squeegee. Repeat process, if necessary.
Use BLUE BEAR® Emerge™ Cleaner & Degreaser with a long-handled brush for quick and easy clean-up of any residue when finished. Use mop or power washer to rinse treated area with water.